Weekly RunBetter Pilates for Runners
Start Date: 24 January 2022
Time: Every Monday morning 08:10-08:55
Before the store opens
Start Date: 10 February 2022
Time: Every Thursday lunchtime 12:30-13:15
The store will be open
Cost: £5.00 per person, per class, bring your own mat or towel
Location: Advance Performance
Max number of participants: 12 (please book early to avoid disappointment)
Pilates for Runners classes, designed to compliment your training.
Running is a great exercise for cardiovascular fitness, endurance and toning, but especially in high volumes it can lead to niggles and injuries.
We also offer Sports Therapy in-store to address those issues when they appear.
Pilates for Runners provides low impact, complimentary training, that will strengthen and stabilise muscles without placing your body under further stress.
Pilates is practiced worldwide, developed in the early 20th century by German physical trainer, Joseph Pilates.
- Improved joint mobility, enabling good biomechanics
- Strengthens core stabilising muscles, helping to keep good form when fatigued
- Injury prevention by identifying and correcting imbalances that put you at injury risk
- Improves balance, something that decreases with age
- Improves breathing control, by focusing on synchronising breath with movement
- Promotes recovery by helping to reverse muscle soreness and tightening
Class numbers are limited for your comfort, be sure to book in plenty of time to avoid disappointment.
If you are unable to make it along to class, please contact us 24 hours in advance and we can refund or re-book your class for you.
Pilates for Runners Class
Date: Monday mornings & Thursday lunchtimes
Changing facilities are available