Social distancing procedures in-store for customers
If you’re visiting our stores, please be aware of the procedures we have in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone.
Procedure for customers trying on running shoes, browsing or purchasing clothes
Please also see our separate procedure for the use of the treadmill for gait analysis
- Social distancing of 2 metres to be maintained where possible.
- All customers are expected to use hand sanitising gel and wear surgical gloves provided by the company on entering the store.
- The customer will be expected to wear their own socks when trying on any of our shoes. In addition to this the company will provide the customer with a thin plastic bag to be worn over each sock when trying on our shoes.
- Our shoes must not have direct skin contact with the staff member or the customer and this will be achieved by the wearing of surgical gloves.
- After staff have assessed the customer’s preference for shoe type the customer will be presented with an appropriate shoe which will be left on an area of floor for the customer to pick up themselves maintaining 2 metres social distance.
- The customer will then try on the shoe and secure all fastenings and the staff member will offer advice on how to do this for best support to the foot.
- The customer will be advised on the characteristics of the shoe and the staff member will offer advice on how to gauge good fit by self-testing (i.e. by pressing the tip of the shoe, by asking the customer to stand and then to walk in the shoe to gauge comfort and suitability).
- When the customer removes the shoe he/she will be asked to return it to the floor and place it to one side. The same plastic bags provided to the customer can be used for other shoes tried on by them and must not be removed until no further shoes of ours are tried on. The thin plastic bags must be discarded in the bin nearest to the seating area. Where the customer tries other shoes the above procedure is repeated.
- Our returns policy remains the same and all goods returned will be quarantined for an appropriate period.
- The customer will then be invited to pay for the shoes and advised that card payments are preferred. The staff member will put the shoes into a box/bag and key in the appropriate payment into the payment machine. The staff member will then invite the customer to use the payment machine to key in their passcode. A Perspex screen has been installed by the payment machine for the protection of both staff and customers.
- For cash payments please use the same sequence in procedure but clearly without use of the payment machine. Staff will ask the customer to place their cash onto the payment counter to avoid hand contact.
- After successful completion of the payment transaction, the staff member will place the payment receipt into the shoe bag and the customer will be invited to take their purchase from the payment area.
- The same payment procedure will be used for the purchase of clothes.
- Customers who are browsing our stock of clothes are asked not to touch the clothes on display. Please seek assistance from a member of staff when you wish to have better sight of any item of clothing.
- Customers are unable to try on items of our clothing in advance of purchase and our changing room is currently closed for use.
- The staff member will then wash their hands with soap and water.
- Customers are asked to dispose of their surgical gloves in the bin positioned by the entrance/exit door.
Procedure for use of treadmill for gait analysis
- Please try to maintain social distancing of 2 metres when using the treadmill.
- Staff must use a sanitising wipe on all treadmill controls, including the handlebars, prior to the customer using the treadmill. After sanitising, the handlebars will be wrapped in clingfilm. The same treadmill allocated to the customer will be used throughout the gait analysis process which may be used multiple times.
- Prior to the customer mounting the treadmill a member of staff will explain how to support themselves with the handlebars, where the customer can use the ‘Emergency Stop’ button if needed and what to expect when the treadmill is started.
- A face mask, surgical gloves and eye protection will be used by the staff member during this procedure. The customer will be expected to use a face mask and surgical gloves for the procedure which will be provided by the company.
- A member of staff must remain with the customer during use of the treadmill maintaining the 2 metre distance whenever possible and monitor the customer’s gait during use.
- When leaving the treadmill to try on a different pair of shoes please follow the separate procedure written for this.
- When the gait analysis has been completed and the customer dismounts the treadmill the customer should be asked to return to the seating area whilst the treadmill controls and handlebars are again cleansed by the staff member. The customer may remove his face mask and discard this in the bin nearest to the seating area.
- The staff member should also at this point in the procedure sanitise the video camera near the treadmill.
- The staff member should then wash their hands and wrists with soap and water on completion of the gait analysis and then return to their customer wearing a new pair of surgical gloves.
- On leaving the store the customer must remove his/her surgical gloves and discard these in the bin positioned by the entrance/exit door.