Sports Nutrition – every athlete should have a solid understanding of what their body needs in order to function at its peak during competition
If you take your sport seriously and want to perform at your best then you should look to address the following:
Providing fuel for your physical activities
Repairing and rebuilding muscle tissue after competition
Optimising athletic performance during competition
Promoting overall health and wellness
At Advance Performance we sell a range of nutritional products that will help you keep your training on track.
It’s often difficult for busy people to eat and drink properly during the course of a hectic work day. Dehydration makes you feel tired and has a negative effect on performance, both in everyday life and your sport. Dehydration will slow reactions and could be a contributory factor in loss of concentration and your ability to reach your training goals. Advance Performance stocks scientifically proven sports drinks with a light, fresh taste which have:
- a high electrolyte content to deliver fluids substantially faster than traditional sports drink
- designed to increase energy by delivering up to 50% more fuel to the working muscle and
- Isotonic Energy Gels which will give you 20 minutes of instant energy – great for longer runs, or to eat just before your early morning run if you are not able to run on an empty stomach
A major focus of recovery immediately following exercise has to do with replenishing energy stores and fluids lost during exercise and optimizing protein synthesis (the process of increasing the protein content of muscle cells, preventing muscle breakdown and increasing muscle size) by taking in the right protiens and nutrients in the post-exercise period.
This is also the time for soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) repair and the removal of chemicals that build up as a result of cell activity during exercise. Advance Performance stocks a range of products which are able to:
- refuel the muscle and liver glycogen (carbohydrate) stores
- replace the fluid and electrolytes lost in sweat
- help the body manufacture new muscle protein, red blood cells and other cellular components as part of the repair and adaptation process
- allow the immune system to handle the damage and challenges caused by the exercise bout
If you have any questions regarding our products and how they can help improve your training and boost performance feel free to call into one of our stores and ask one of our knowledgable members of staff.
Sports Nutrition Laura Fox Dip ION
We work in partnership with nutritionist Laura Fox who is a member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT) and is registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and offers consultations by appointment in-store at Peterborough.
We work in partnership with Saffron Walden based Insight Nutrition who offer client focused nutritional support for weight loss, improved health or enhanced performance. Alex Carlow of Insight Nutrition is also a guest blogger for Footnotes on this website. Contact them direct to arrange an initial consultation.